Saturday, 13 December 2014

Nelson's Diner

I've got to have passed this place on the A339 near Kingsclere between Newbury and Basingstoke thousands of times and have always wanted to stop by; the McBaby and I finally decided it was time to visit and made a dedicated trip. I'm now kicking myself for all of the missed opportunities - this place is a treasure trove!





The outside is a bit unloved but inside, it's full of character with a 50s theme, reminding me of watching repeats of Happy Days while waiting for our tea as youngsters. I was a bit gutted that I didn't get a cheer and around of applause when we went in like the Fonz used to but perhaps I'd jumped the shark at that point. The welcome and service was great and most of the customers in there seemed to be regulars.


The McBaby had a "small" hob nob milkshake which was enormous and he lapped up every bit of it. I had a teacake and a latte (the McBaby didn't really want to share his milkshake) and it was extremely reasonably priced.





We'll definitely be back. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6zl5x8r9Bs

http://www.nelsonsdiner.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment