Saturday, 1 November 2014

Postman Pat, Postman Pat and his ...er. blue elephant




As you'll remember, even in his new incarnation and not the shite modern version, Postman Pat drives around in a Royal Mail van with his cat Jess. He does not, repeat, not, deliver his letters and parcels with the aid of a blue circus elephant. Unless you live in our house.

The McBaby has taken Pat out of his van and teamed him up with the elephant from a circus train toy from the 1970s. This odd couple regularly visit nursery, the shops and even came on holiday recently and saw a real elephant at the zoo; all of which he survived. What it did not survive was our walk along the canal. The McBaby had walked for a good few miles, so I popped him onto my shoulders as we strolled along the canal. Then a flash of blue whizzed past my eyes, followed by a soft plop as Pat created ripples in the canal.

"Why did you do that?" I asked.

"I don't know. Can you get it out."

I nearly fell in. My mind was wondering whether to rescue him or to teach the McBaby a lesson. If I find Pat and get him out, he'll just throw him in again. If I don't get him, I'm a horrible mum. I decided to try to get him, but couldn't see him anywhere.

"I'm really sorry, I can't din him".

"Could you use the elephant's trunk?"

I didn't. So Pat is probably in the Kennet and Avon somewhere.

Did I do the right thing?

Have you lost a much-loved toy? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment