Sunday, 14 September 2014

Heartbreak...

is the word we use to describe the McBaby when he gets upset. For he does not get upset in proportion for the amount of hurt he is feeling - whether it's the fact you've asked him to hand you his croissant because he's about to get into the bath, or whether you've turned the TV off because it's time to go to nursery, he will cry like his heart is truly about to break, like he is experiencing pain hitherto unknown to the human race.

But the tables turned this week. Maybe it's because in the last few days, I've felt knackered to the point of exhaustion and on the verge of tears. (Definitely just the past few days - and no longer than that), he's said two things that have given me the heart break.

1. "Mummy - my tummy is too big."

Don't know where to start with this one. Someone suggested I'd said that to him and I nearly ripped their head off. I would never say this to him even if I believed it to be true. Where did it come from? Did someone say it to him as a joke?

2. "Go away mummy. I want Daddy."

I knew this would come one day, but when he said this while pushing me in the neck, I might (might) have gone outside and wept in the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment