Monday, 4 August 2014

Simon Le Bon, Baby Bio and Bladder bashing

With about 100 people asking me in the last few days if we're going to provide the McBaby with a sibling and my mumbled reply, not knowing what to say, I've been thinking about what it's like to be an only child. I was an only child for ages before my younger sister came along, so it did make me laugh to read some of the things that Mumsnetters used to do to their siblings.


My sister and I weren't terribly inventive on that front, although I do remember that on long car journeys, if I needed the toilet, she used to take great delight in pressing on my bladder with all of her might. Her other car trip trick was to hit herself and then tell on me. My parents fell for it every time, never failing to look ahead and admonishing me while I protesting and my sister laughed silently to herself.

The only thing I can think of that I did to her was to encourage her to wash her hair with Baby Bio plant food. In my defence, my hair was one of my best features (not any more....) and I'd specifically asked her not to use my very expensive Cream Silk shampoo (whatever happened to Cream Silk? A quick internet search shows me that it's still available in the Philipines but I'm sure I used to buy it in Gateway in Weymouth?)


She used my shampoo. So I asked her to use this special brand called Baby Bio. I think it helped her hair grow....

No comments:

Post a Comment