Sometimes members of my family will gently remind me that I'm, shall we say, a bit eccentric. I can't disagree with this but I was hoping that the McBaby wouldn't inherit this trait. And then we'll go away for a weekend and I'll watch him and think; Hmm. He most definitely is not normal. For example, in the last few days:
1. We were at a party and we thought we'd show the McBaby how to play badminton since there were three rackets and two shuttlecocks. He licked a badminton racket and then hit the two shuttlecocks into the woods, never to be seen again.
2. I'd been asked to help someone get their baby to sleep, so I walked him round and round in circles until he dropped off. And when he did, the McBaby woke him up by making an elephant noise in his face. As you do.
3. Proving that it's not just me, MrM and I were on the dancefloor and he suddenly produced a can of cider from nowhere. "Who gave you that"? I asked. "Sarah and Duck" he replied, actually meaning Chris and Lisa. Of course.
4. I was watching an old episode of Bullseye on Challenge a bit too intently. I then realised that I'd managed to teach the McBaby to shout "GAMBLE" at the TV (and back in time to the 80s).
5. It's not just us. I saw the NcNephew at the weekend and the only bit of conversation I got from him was a brilliant one-liner. For a three-year-old. Apparently my head looks like a bottom.
6. With little time to read, I like to have an audiobook in the car for my commute to work. I'll have to rethink this and perhaps the type of stories to listen to after opening the window and the man reading the story shouting "Bitch!" repeatedly at some poor woman waiting to cross the road.
Is your family "normal"?