Monday, 23 June 2014

McBaby at Behind the Castle

Here I've wittered on about my love (unrequited, sadly) for the Levellers and how amazing it was to see them in my hometown.

What I didn't mention were my parenting fails.

Number one- MrM asked me if I'd packed any nappies for the weekend. Triumphantly, I told him that I'd brought a whole pack of nappies. "They were open, but there are plenty left," I said as he took the McBaby upstairs to put on a new nappy.

A scream from overhead alerted me to something I'd done. But what?

"That's a bag of USED nappies!" he screamed.

Things would improve at the festival, wouldn't they. No.

While watching Newton Faulker, the McBaby pushed his way through the crowd, wearing my ridiculously oversized trainers.

He then zoomed all over the place; through stages, under chairs and even sat in a man's chair when the current occupant stood up temporarily. However, when he ran in to watch Rodney Branigan I was aware of a few people tittering and then the sight of the McBaby mooning at the performer. Who taught him that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment