Monday, 16 September 2013

It's your party and I'll cry if I want to...

Sadly we weren't able to go to the McBaby's friend's birthday party a couple of weeks ago, but fortunately for us, her mum rescheduled!

Dropping MrM off at the Newbury Beer Festival and muttering something about how times had changed, I left him to have fun, drink beer and enjoy himself while I took the McBaby to the party.

Except he Would Not Go In. After prising him away from the door threshold, I got him in, only to have quite a few parents and children stare at us for what seemed an age until enough was enough and we decided to leave.

"You won't get any cake" I scolded.

We drove back to Hungerford where I realised that MrM had my key. We drove back to Newbury to get the key, returned to Hungerford and realised there was a book swap event at the bookshop. Swinging by our house to pick up an audio book, we went back to the bookshop where we swapped our audio book for a Babar the elephant book.

I then caught sight of a book that would make a lovely present for MrM's dad so queued up to buy it.

The woman behind the counter turned to serve me reluctantly and rolled her eyes. She then took the book I was going to buy and put it aside, then served everyone else in the queue, leaving me stuck holding the Mcbaby's hand.

Then a vairy posh lady pushed past me. Predictably, the McBaby ran off and got out of the shop and down the street before I could catch him.

Happily though, when I caught him up, it seemed that he had got his wish - when I asked what he was holding, he cheerfully showed me the piece of cake he'd taken from the bookshop.







.

No comments:

Post a Comment