Friday, 26 July 2013

More camping; this time South Winds Touring Park, Polzeath

I’ve seen the Levellers more than 50 times and I still can’t get enough. But even an old hag like me was thrilled to see them “levelling the sand” at Newquay last week , a remarkable setting which is going to make it hard to see them in a musty old indoor venue!










Anyway, that meant that after a night chez McSister, where the McBaby and McNephew met for the first time in six months and got on famously (at one point McNephew came into the kitchen to get “some juice for my friend"), we put our tent up South Winds Touring site in record time (not hard considering this was our second time and the first took more than 6 hours.)

South Winds has a fabulous view over Polzeath and has a wonderful onsite bar and restaurant, as well as a child’s play area.










Check out the breakfast that McBaby enjoyed!






So all was well on our first night despite having yelled myself hoarse. But on day two, things declined from the moment I got up. I tried to say “good morning” to a fellow camper” and instead growled at her accidentally as I had no voice.

We went to the restaurant for breakfast and I asked the man what the lovely CD was.

“It’s Dylan LeBlanc” he said.

“Ah, lovely,” I said. “Just the thing for a Sunday morning.”

Unfortunately I had forgotten that it was Saturday.

He then turned to MrM to get some sense out of him. “Would you like mushrooms or beans with your fried breakfast?”

“Yes please”, he replied confidently.

Night two however.....well, let’s just say that I don’t think we will be welcome there again.

At 3am, the McBaby started screaming and Screaming and SCREAMING. At 5am, I snapped and shouted: “I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!” and put the McBaby in the car. We drove down to a deserted beach and he fell asleep. I calmly turned the car around and headed back to the campsite and realised that I had probably scared MrM half to death with my comments.

We went back to bed until 8am and considered a public apology to the campsite but gave that up in favour of breakfast instead where our neighbour wouldn’t even make eye contact with us.

We’re actually going camping again next week, so please cross your fingers for us, and more importantly, our fellow campers....

No comments:

Post a Comment