Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Etiquette lessons for the under fives

Say what you like about Facebook, but it's a great way of keeping in touch with your international friends and family and I just love the regular pictures of my little cousin.


The last one really got me thinking - it showed her sitting in a posh hotel having an ETIQUETTE lesson!


She's only four but in the picture, she's being taught how to eat a meal in the correct manner. At first I thought this was too much pressure, but the more I think about it, the more I realise that this is genius. In fact, it's about table manners and teaches such things as holding the silverware properly, chewing with their mouths closed, how to set a table and remember where to place their drink. I could name quite a few more people, aged more than four, who could do with it.


What are your thoughts on teaching children etiquette?

2 comments:

  1. My thought is that children must be taught etiquette to facilitate effective communication. This includes netiquette, internet etiquette, because we are entering an age where the affects social nuances can be multiplied for good and bad.

    ReplyDelete