Sunday, 18 November 2012

Marks out of 10!

You'll be familiar with this bit of research: In 1979, interviewers asked new graduates from the Harvard’s MBA Program and found that :

-84% had no specific goals at all
-13% had goals but they were not committed to paper
-3% had clear, written goals and plans to accomplish them

In 1989, the interviewers again interviewed the graduates of that class.

-The 13% of the class who had goals were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84 percent who had no goals at all.

-the three percent who had clear, written goals were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97 percent put together.


So I have decided to put some goals down and mark them out of 10 each week


They are:

1. Be a good mother

I am not naturally maternal to say the least! I think this week's parenting effort is a 6.


Plus points:
I did well with feeding him healthily.

I didn't choke him (after last week's near disaster when he couldn't breathe thanks to a piece of apple that I removed with my fingers.

I took him to plenty of groups

we got lots of fresh air.

I didn't dress him in any strange combinations of clothes.


Minus points:

I didn't teach him anything and have in fact let him watch the Wiggles too often.

He cried when I collected him from nursery, not when I dropped him off.

I noticed today that he has been using the hoover as a walker as I won't buy him one.


2. Work - 7

I worked hard, got lots of releases published and got some nice feedback. However, I could have done more phoning around.


Exercise/health - 4

Ate crap, drank wine, didn't exercise, didn't sleep enough or very well.



Husband- 6

Haven't really seen him this week! We had a great time when we were together but I probably could have been more patient with him and more appreciative when he took the McBaby to storytime alone for half an hour.


House -4

A mess. It looks much better than it used to, but more stuff needs to go out and I need to stay on top of the constant milk spillages that follow the McBaby everywhere!

Money - 5

Plus:

Did my first mystery shop for a while

Sold lots on Ebay, although I underestimated the postage on one item disastrously.

Penultimate salary arrives this week.

Did some freelance work

minus:

Spent too much on booze, food and networking events.

Drove when I could have walked, spending unnecessary money on diesel.




My own business: 5

Need to find a name

need to have some consistency!

Need to find a proper babysitter and not run out of networking events when potential clients approach me!






No comments:

Post a Comment