Tuesday, 9 October 2012

Why we're still co-sleeping..




Not many people know this, but you are still sleeping in our bed. You're nine months old and you've been co-sleeping since the day you were born.

On your first night in this world, you wouldn't go into your Moses basket and you screamed.

But to be honest, it wasn't all your fault. You very quickly became too long for the Moses basket. So we bought you a cot. You weren't keen on it, and that suited me as I was enjoying being able to feed you on my side in my sleep.

Your Dad is away a lot, so I find it comforting to have you in the bed with me and you're now so tall that you can climb out of the cot.

But the real reason I like to have you in the bed is to wake up to this beautiful, enthusiastic smile....



“This blog post has been written as an entry into the Tots100 competition in association with Boots Mother and Baby“

2 comments:

  1. really lovely post! I get the kids to sleep in my bed if my husband is away too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank you for commenting and thanks for letting me know that you let the kids sleep in your bed. Made me feel a lot better about my terrible parenting!

    ReplyDelete