Saturday, 1 September 2012

Kate Takes 5 listography - top 5 songs I grew up to!

What a great idea from Kate! her list is here: http://katetakes5.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/listography-top-5-songs-i-grew-up-to.html

My five are:

1. A new England by Kirsty MacColl. I love Kirsty and have done since I heard this, aged nine!



2. Whitney Houston (RIP) - I wanna dance with somebody


3. Whiskey in the Jar!!



4. Madonna, believe it or not! I used to love this song and recall specifically buying Smash Hits once because it had these words in it....




5. Elvis. I grew up on a strict Elvis diet! I think this one is my favourite.







Wow, what a great trip down Memory Lane (at the end of Cringeworthy Avenue). My 25-year long affair with the Levellers didn't start until I was in my teens, so you've been spared!





.

7 comments:

  1. I wish I'd included Whitney now - I loved that song. And I love the Kirsty number - first time I've heard it. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An eclectic list to say the least! Loved Whiskey in the jar too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Madonna, how could I have missed her off - Material Girl is my personal fave! and of course Whitney Houston.

    Gonna go listen to that Kirsty MacColl song now...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for commenting Vicki! I love your blog! Have been looking for your list - please could you point me in the right direction?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that Whitney song when it came out! Off to listen to the Kirsty MacColl too as it is not one I know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have seen that Whitney song on a few lists now! We actually had my sister's hen's night recently, and we ended up at a pub karaoke session with her and her friends singing that Whitney song for the crowd :) It really got them up and dancing!

    ReplyDelete