Wednesday, 22 February 2012

Lent

So what have you given up? Lent starts today and so for the next 40 days and 40 nights, I am going to try my best not to use the car, not to eat chocolate and not to feel guilty!

The last one should be interesting. In the past week alone, I've felt guilty about nearly burning the house down, about getting my son punctured and about not buying a cake when I should have baked it myself. I've felt guilty about not getting a better present for my friend's birthday, for making my mum babysit when I had my hair done and for not helping my friend out more with his book launch. I have felt guilty that I didn't graduate from Oxford, that I didn't do more work for my friend's band and that I haven't always had 'five a day'. I could worry for England. But no more! I shall desist!

(I now feel guilty for using the word 'desist')

Also, is it just me, or does Lent always makes me think about life's big questions;

Is there a God?

What is life all about?

Is there an afterlife?

And what would my son look like with hair?

I have an answer to the last one!

No comments:

Post a Comment