Saturday, 7 January 2012

Sainsbury's

Bliss! I got out of the house for some peace and went to Sainsbury's where I had a coffee and a read of the paper and McBaby had a sleep.

While we were there, we saw two former colleagues; one of whom had her daughter with her (she's two and gave McBaby a pat on the head) then her mum carried my coffee to the table - thanks Cat!

I then had five minutes to read the paper before a man walked in through these doors.



Unfortunately, he had forgotten that he was carrying a little girl on his shoulders. There was an almighty crack as she whacked her head on the threshold.

She cried and cried, but then seemed ok, so I got back to my paper. Then a lady came over. "Can we sit here?" she asked. I theatrically looked at all of the empty tables that surrounded us and said yes. What was she playing at? Was she making the point that I shouldn't have a comfortable chair? Or that as there was only me plus baby that we should sit at a smaller table?

"Should I go?" I asked. She glared at me and didn't answer, so with one hand I collected my coffee and with the other picked up my handbag, the baby and all of his paraphernalia. We left the supermarket and crossed over the road where there's a pedestrian crossing that no one ever stops at. A car stopped - and it was an Audi at that. I hesitated, but he waved me across. Then of course, a Volvo came the other way and didn't stop, nearly knocking baby and I flying. I caught up with him at the lights and was about to give him a piece of my mind and a driving lesson. He stopped for the green light and then when it turned to red, he drove off.

I love our town....

No comments:

Post a Comment