Tuesday, 10 January 2012

91st percentile

The little man may scream and make people think he's starving but it's simply not the case. Last night, I fed him from both sides before my friend appeared at the door. I didn't tell her that I'd just fed him, so she kindly bottle fed him a whole carton of formula before he had had enough.

Today, there was a knock at the door. I initially thought it was someone from the Guinness Book of Records, but it was in fact the health visitor who had returned to carry out the hearing check that she couldn't do last week thanks to the noisy weather and new floor being put down.

The hearing in one ear is fine. The other will be tested next week as the little man parped in her general direction and then started screaming with hunger, despite the fact that I had fed him 20 minutes earlier.

So I felt better after she'd weighed hiim and discovered that he's actually in the 91st percentile for his weight. I thought he was big because we made a hand print when he was asleep, causing him to wake up and scream bloody murder.

The hand print on the left is from a normal sized baby. The one on the right that barely fits into the frame is our little man's paw print.

No comments:

Post a Comment