Thursday, 13 October 2011

SPD/Pelvic Girdle Pain

While my hypnobirthing teacher would disagree, I say there's no harm in getting used to a bit of pain in anticipation of "B"-Day!

So it's with a bit of relief actually that I recently discovered that the grinding pain I've had in my pelvis for the past couple of months is a normal side effect of pregnancy and even has a name - SPD.

This has been noticeably worse this week as I've done lots of driving, walking and stretching to paint various nooks and crannies around our house. It seems to be at its worst when I get out of bed or turn over, and as I crawled in agony to the bathroom at 3am this morning, MrM wasn't sure whether I needed help or to be laughed at.

Apparently, massage can help and there is a range of eyepopping gadgets that you can buy to help, from a "monkey pole" to help you turn over at night, to long handled sponges for washing your feet. Somehow when I looked at this shopping list, I decided that the pain wasn't actually that bad....


If you have the same, try this:
http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/physicalhealth/pelvicpain/

and

www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment