Sunday, 18 September 2011

Circus Mum

www.circusmums.com

I met the utterly fabulous Circus Mum the other day - her blog is named to reflect the juggling, tightrope walking, somersaulting and clowning that goes with being a working mum. She made me howl with laughter with tales of her three-year-old daughter who insists on telling people that she's five, and made me realise for the first time that there is life after the birth! I've been so focused on being pregnant and getting through the birth that I'd forgotten that I was going to have a baby and also that this baby will grow into a child!

Circus Mum's daughter, the Princess, is quite a character, having forced HER to sit on the naughty step to contemplate how she'd interrupted her daughter; and unbelievably at the age of eight months, initiated an escape down the stairs having clambered out of her cot by stacking up her toys so she could climb up.

I'm looking forward to being able to share some of these stories in the not-too-distant future! In the meantime though, this is a lovely post from Circus Mum which sums up how I feel about forthcoming parenthood!!

http://www.circusmums.com/2010/10/omg-i-have-kid.html

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for this post :-)
    I saw it Sept but I've never been able to comment on your blogs from my phone! (which is now broken so Im reliving the joys of web surfing via a real life PC screen!!)

    ReplyDelete