Tuesday, 23 August 2011

The pain, the terrible pain...

..of trying to change an ante-natal appointment....

MrM can't make it with me to one of the birth skills classes that we've booked on, so I decided to call the hospital to see if I could change it.

I spent an hour on the phone in a queue, got cut off twice and then tried to get through on a different number. I finally got through to a lady and asked her if I could change the date.

"OH MY GOD! I don't know how to do that. Hold on"
She returned and asked: "You want to cancel the class?"
"No, not cancel it, would it be possible to change the date please?"
"When do you want to change it to?"
"Er. I don't know! Whenever there's another class on!"
"Sigh". She gets someone else involved. I hear her tell the other person that I want to cancel the class. The other person says that it's a pain when people do that. I grit my teeth and think about all the tax I've paid.

She asks my name. I spell it for her twice. She ignores me and says she can't find me on the system. She asks for my address. I tell her and she says that I've spelt my name wrongly.

She then says that the class is in two parts and if I want to change one, I must change both. I say that's fine and think that labour will be a doddle after this....

No comments:

Post a Comment