Sunday, 14 August 2011

Exercise

MrM and I attended a talk on exercise in pregnancy at our local health club, which we listened to with much interest while stuffing our faces with biscuits (were these put out to test us?!).

I have woefully neglected my exercise for fear of hurting the baby, so doing lengths of lengths of breast-stroke has been my only redemption. However, when we were invited to ask questions, the first one was: "I've heard that breast-stroke is bad for the baby as it causes you to overstretch?"

The other query was over cycling. Whenever I have a journey of less than 5 miles, I also cycle, so was a bit worried to hear that this is not recommended - the only person in the room who didn't think this was a concern was from Holland, where she said such a worry would have been laughed at.

Anyway, the upshot is that I have signed up for specific classes for pregnant women -and stopped eating biscuits....

No comments:

Post a Comment