Sunday, 12 June 2011

Nappies

My sister came up with baby H as there was an outdoor version of La Boheme in our town (organised by MrM!). MrH is a handsome little chap and we had a fun afternoon in a lovely restaurant in the middle of nowhere where he giggled and cooed until he fell asleep. Later in the day, our mum looked after H while sis and I headed to the opera. So when I woke up this morning, I thought I should have a practice and offered, yes, offered, to change his nappy.

I asked my mum to supervise me and she and H couldn't stop laughing as I struggled to negotiate his kicking legs, and remove his nappy, give him a wipe down and put a new nappy on (the right way), before buttoning up his babygro and putting him back into his sleeping bag. The whole process took about 10 minutes, so I am quite seriously considering practising on a doll or teddy bear. I went to an event a couple of weeks ago to find out more about green nappies where the organiser told me that she found it easy to change a nappy with one hand in the dark. I bet her mum and the baby didn't laugh as heartily as H and my mum though!

No comments:

Post a Comment