Monday, 20 June 2011

More blood tests

I don't know why but I was really quite ill last night and was very worried that my food-poisoning-like symptoms were not at all good for the baby. But I still went ahead and cycled up to the local hospital for my latest blood tests which I had to have after Mr/Ms Baby didn't co-operate last time. So I found myself sitting in a waiting room listening to a woman phone someone and then at the top of her voice, enumerate her husband's illnesses and a blow-by-blow account of what the doctor had just said. And there was me thinking that you weren't supposed to use mobiles in the hospital. My number was eventually called - much like being in a Chinese takeaway - and I was led into a room where the woman asked me to verify my name, date of birth and address, which was on the piece of paper in my hand.

"Just checking you're who you say you are", she said as if I had sneaked in for a blood test to which I was not entitled. The needle went in and out, she put a plaster on it and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment