Tuesday, 14 June 2011

Lido

I discovered the most incredible outdoor pool I've ever been in today. And the worst thing about it, is that it is about a mile from my house!

My usual philosophy is to dive in head first without checking the temperature - thus not giving yourself time to back out. Not today as it was the bean's first trip to the outdoor pool as well as mine! For the first time ever, I dipped my toe into the water and got in so slowly and gingerly that a bloke in the pool swam over to me with words of encouragement - "just dive in!" he laughed. "It's lovely in here!".

The reason this made me laugh is that my sister and a friend of ours were saying that they thought I'd always wanted to be a mum. Not true. I am not one of those people who was born to be a parent. Though my life hasn't been as exciting as my sister's, I've always tried to make the most of the opportunities I've had and to a point have travelled and lived abroad as much as I could (until certain governments got in the way - pah!).

Though I am delighted about the littlin, it's not been my life's work. So my silly episode in the pool proved that I can do this. I wasn't born to do it, but I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment