Wednesday, 8 June 2011

Blood test

Today I am celebrating my birthday with a blood test! I have a very uneasy feeling about it - not sure if it's because it's a sort of "move on up to the next tick box birthday" or because today might reveal bad news, or because it might reveal that there is in fact something in there!

I mentioned my fear about there not being a baby there for the scan tomorrow, and was told that most people have that feeling. I didn't know that which means I am not talking to other people enough or am not asking the right questions. I feel like a fraud.

The other feeling I have is that if everything goes well, I will be totally alone. We went househunting yesterday to look at slightly bigger houses (one with its own pet cemetery - a unique selling point!) and they were all very remote, which compounded this feeling of isolation that I've had for the last week or so.

What are the baby and I going to talk about?!

No comments:

Post a Comment