Sunday, 29 May 2011

My boss

I have been dreading telling my boss. We're a very small business, so my not working for 6 months could make a drastic difference. Mind you, I've not done any work for the last five years, so half a year more won't make any difference.

I wasn't going to tell him for a long while yet, however, there's a very loud lady in my office who happened to be away, so I leapt in to take advantage of the empty office.

Stuttering away, when I finally finished what I had to say, my boss was genuinely thrilled for us and wished us the best of luck. "This is what life is about!" he said. "You're going to be a family - that's so much more important than writing press releases for a living!"

And, he is right of course, but what a relief and what a lovely thing to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment