Friday, 27 May 2011

3 months in

Welcome to my blog!
I already have three others going on various topics, but thought I would chart the next six months of my life so I can look back and laugh at myself!

You see, I will be three months pregnant next week and have struggled to make much sense of what's happened in the last few weeks! However, from next week, hopefully, the odds stack up more favourably and things are (touch wood, touch wood), less likely to go wrong!

So it all started towards the end of March when I suddenly started feeling tired all the time. I am usually a bundle of energy from the moment I get up to when I go to bed. Until quite recently, I had two jobs and volunteered a few hours a week for a local charity. And then BANG - sleep, sleep, sleep.

Something was UP!

I did a pregnancy test. There's something quite unladylike about weeing on a stick, but there was no time to think about that as after 30 seconds or so, the control line had turned blue, and the line to tell you that you're pregnant was kind of....I couldn't tell. So I had a cup of tea and did another test. Same thing - frustratingly pale - was it there or was I imagining it? So I had to call MrM into the bathroom to check - still in a most unladylike pose.

I called him in to give me a definitive answer either way, but he responded by crying which I found equally confusing....

He said he thought it was positive, gave me a hug and said he loved me and was very happy (still blubbing!). I was happy but terrified; I am not cut out to be a mum. I went to sleep and had dreams about losing babies on buses and in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment